Types of Tour Guide
- On site Guide- conducts tour of one or several hours at a specific building attraction, or a limited area. The tour may be given on foot or in some sor tof vehicle.
- City Guide- points out and comments on the highlights of a city, usually from a motor coach, minibus, or van, but sometimes as part of a walking tour.
- Professional tour guide- well experienced tour guide.
- Amateur tour guide- new ones
- Linguist- speaks two or more languages.
- Driver Guide-also called as “city guide”. The tour guide drives while guiding.
- Community tour guide-local guide
- Staff guide-tour guide who works in a travel agency.
- Freelance guide-tour guide who is not connected with travel agency and paid per trip.
- Private or personal-common in developing countries, where these services may be available at a reasonable price, they take small number of individuals on their own exclusive tour.
- Specialized guide-someone whose expertise or skills are highly unique.
- Step on guide-freelance guides or specialist who come abroad motor coaches of tour groups visiting from other regions, to give an informed overview of the city to be toured.
“Guide can play an important role in promoting travel as an “experience,” as well as “creating memorable interpretations.”